Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Episode 25 - "Police Party"

Shalewa and I were happily looking at new homes. We were in a bank foreclosure discussing how most banks won't do anything to improve the house, and the buyer needs to buy the property as-is. Unfortunately this can eliminate most mortgages. Some banks realize this and are making sure the property is ready for an FHA, VA, or even a USDA mortgage.  But, I digress.......

As we were discussing this, the doorbell rang. She looked at me, and I told her it was probably another Realtor wanting to show the house. No, it was the POLICE! They wanted to know if I lived here, or if I was the agent for the listing. No, I'm just showing the house to a potential buyer. Several police officers came in (of course we invited them in), looked around, and told the one out back that the person they were looking for wasn't there. Turns out they had the dogs ready for a potential chase too. Don't know what the person did, but we were very happy the house was vacant!

You can always contact the police about an area to find out their opinion of ANY neighborhood.

Contact Joan Lord with Horizon Realty to have your own "Party" (non-police that is)

No comments:

Post a Comment