Friday, February 24, 2012

Episode 18 "The Red Wall"

We have all heard about "staging" your home. The ultimate in getting your home ready for sale. New paint, new carpet, new appliances, new everything! Make it new and it will sell!!!

Wow, was I surprised when I went to a sellers home for a possible listing and found that their new paint was fire engine red! Yes, there were new light fixtures and new appliances too. This home was "staged," but not for sale. Yes, it turned out beautiful, but this is not the look that most buyers want. As I'm writing this, I'm getting my home ready to put on the market. My style preference is Victorian. I should live in an old house, not in a 60's rancher. I have a very ornate ceiling fan in the living room, glass door knobs with a lot of filigree, beaded dining room light, a Tinkerbell themed work out room, and more very personal features in my home. This is my style, not what most buyers are looking for. I had planned on changing the furniture too (it's Victorian), but imagine my surprise when my brother told me that I needed to get rid of my "old people" furniture! I have had this furniture and style for years, long before I got "old." Watch out Johnny (I"m the only one that can call him that), you aren't far behind!

Contact Joan Lord and/or a professional Real Estate Staging representative BEFORE making any changes. We can come up with a plan of action for you to get the most out of your property.

That seller loved the changes so much that they never did put their house on the market. I'm glad they were able to enjoy their home again.

Contact Joan Lord with Horizon Realty to star in your "Episode."

No comments:

Post a Comment